The Board is composed of 11 members who serve on a part-time basis. Board members are appointed by the President from a list of candidates submitted by the National Academy of Sciences for a term of 4 years. By law, nominees to the Board are selected solely on the bases of distinguished professional service and eminence in a field of science or engineering.
Board Members' Individual Biographies
- Jean Bahr, Ph.D., Chair - Hydrogeology
- Steven M. Becker, Ph.D. - Emergency Management, Environmental Health Sciences, and Risk Communication
- Susan L. Brantley, Ph.D.
- Allen G. Croff, M.B.A., - Nuclear Chemical Engineer
- Efi Foufoula-Georgiou, Ph.D., - Hydrology and Earth Surface Processes
- Tissa H. Illangasekare, Ph.D., P.E.
- Linda K. Nozick, Ph.D.
- Kenneth Lee Peddicord, Ph.D., P.E.
- Paul J. Turinsky, Ph.D.
- Mary Lou Zoback, Ph.D.,- Seismology and Geophysics